Sunday, April 20, 2008

Children and Media

I think that as long as its not excessive TV can be good for children, its a nice down time and can be very informative as well. I would have to say that for young children maybe an hour to 2 a day of cartoons that are stimulating like little Einstein's is good and then of course Saturday morning cartoons is a necessary, it gives parents and children a chance to sit and snuggle and watch some funny stuff. But keep it short enjoy having an active life so you don't start relying on the TV to babysit your children.

I think my Home media had good influences on me because I mostly watch Disney movies and shows which all have good stories and happy endings, although it could have gave me a little bit of a false outlook on how great the world is. But on another hand it influenced me to be kinda to others and always find a smile.

I think in order to monitor the television viewed by our children we need to know what they are watching, sit with them and watch what they are make sure its something you want them to be watching. Make sure you set a limit as to how much they can watch and make sure when that time is up you offer them a fun alternative to the TV. If needed you parental controls on your TV so that anything you do not want your children to be able to view will be blocked. But I think most importantly just be involved and be aware.

No comments: